Saturday, February 14, 2009

Will You "Be Mine"?

Something amazing and disheartening happened today. A dear friend of our family, and many of yours, went to be with her Lord. It is a glorious day and yet a little bit scary. Let me tell you what I mean.

Mrs. Jimmie Ledford, a dear friend of our family, a long-time member of Beth Haven Baptist Church, secretary and guidance counselor at Beth Haven Christian School for more years than I can count, mother of my best friend in high school, and someone who truly cared for everyone she knew, even me, left this cursed earth and found herself where she always knew the Lord would have her - standing next to Him on those golden streets leading to the throne of grace! That's the amazing part.

Psalm 116:15 says,

"Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints."
Mrs. Ledford had a massive stroke this past Wednesday and was hospitalized until tonight, Saturday February 14th, Valentine's Day, when she left us for her home in heaven.


Most of you who know Mrs. Ledford know that she prayed for each and everyone of us all the time. She took an active interest in our lives from the time we came to high school until now. Even though I live many miles from "home" she would often ask my mother how I was and what was going on that she could pray for. Since she retired her main ministry has been to pray for us. She is the quintessential prayer warrior - the type of person any of us would want to be.

Now, here's the disheartening part. Thousands of prayers for hundreds of people and their families stopped this week. That's a little scary to me.

James 5:16 says,

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
Mrs. Ledford was a righteous woman. She would immediately tell you, only by God's grace affected on her life, but none the less, she was righteous. Her prayers availed much for many.

In Ezekiel 22:30, God says,

"And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none."
Please, I beg of each of you, don't let this verse be true of us today. Don't let God find none who will stand in the gap and make up the hedge. Today, more than ever before in our lives, we need to be PRAYER WARRIORS!!!

Make a vow today to be the prayer warrior God would have you be.

Stand in the gap for all your fellow Christians. Will you "Be Mine"?

Please be my prayer warrior, I have committed to be yours.

Mark Tabor


No comments:

Post a Comment